While we are no longer making active post of Cricut projects on this blog as of 8/1/2013, we invite you to use it for continued die cut inspiration as we will leave the blog up for viewing. Happy Cricuting !

Friday, July 12, 2013

A Layout with the Artbooking Cartridge

Hi everyone! This is Maria from Stamp, Cut, Create! here to share a layout with you. I originally had a different project to post, but then my new Artbooking cartridge from CTMH arrived.  I knew the cartridge had lots of cuts for making mini albums, but didn't realize it had layouts on it too. For today's project I used the Friendship Layout found on page 79.
The handbook tells you what size to make your cuts, in this case 11". Remember to have "real dial size" off when cutting the different images to make sure that all the pieces cut out proportionally. I actually made my overlay (the black portion) a little smaller than recommended, cutting it at 10.5". Also, the photo mat cut at 11" was a little too big, so I ended up cutting that at 10.5" as well. Before placing the picture, I added a black strip of paper underneath the right side of the mat.
One of the nice things about the cartridges from CTMH is that they come with coordinating stamps. The arrow was cut at the size indicated on the stamp (1 3/4") then stamped with black ink. When you cut the images for the stamps, you do want to use "real dial size". After I stamped it, I covered the arrow with Glossy Accents.  The buddies tag was cut in white, and then I added a red strip to the back. The letters were also covered with Glossy Accents. I placed some Silver pearl stickers from Michaels on each end. The same pearl stickers were added to the black portion of the picture mat.
I thought it needed just a little something else, so I added three different Washi tapes just below the picture.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by today. While I am sad that this is the last month for the Fanatics blog, I'm happy to have had the opportunity to be a designer. I am honored to have been included with such a talented group of crafters.
Take care and happy crafting!
Maria

5 comments:

  1. Love your LO & the strips of Washi tape are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! Your photo is soooo sweet. I love the washi tape too. Can't get enough of that stuff. Your happy trails card is pretty awesome (and a little bittersweet) as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this layout! What a fabulous design and the picture is too cute! I also really love the card. I'm with Francine, it is bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout! Love the card at the end, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute LO! Will have to check out the new cart. Love your happy trails card as well!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a kind word for our Cricut FANatic Designers to let them know you stopped by and appreciate their work.