While we are no longer making active post of Cricut projects on this blog as of 8/1/2013, we invite you to use it for continued die cut inspiration as we will leave the blog up for viewing. Happy Cricuting !

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pirate's Cove

Hello!  It's Anita from Landlockedislandgirl Blog !  Every Halloween, our cul-de-sac transforms into Pirate's Cove!!  Hundreds of neighborhood kids come to our court to watch the Black Pearl and the Flying Dutchman battle it out.  Last year, we had over 1200 trick-or-treaters.  It's truly a labor of love and it inspired this months project.


I started by printing out 2 parchment pages from the Buccaneer cart.  I cut around the edges of the paper to give the appearance of a treasure map.  I backed both on plain 12x12 black cardstock.  All of the paper and embellishments were printed and cut from Buccaneer on my Imagine.  The font used in the Pirate's Cove title were cut from Blackletter at 2 1/4 inches and shadowed on my E2.
 

All of the embellishments were popped up, using pop dots.  I finished the pages off with random dotted lines that I drew freehand with a black, fine point Sharpie from the ship to the X on the opposite page.
 
The flags were cut at 4.5" the 2nd flag was flipped.
Crow's nest was cut at 4.5"
Skeleton Pirate was cut at 4.8"
The "X " was cut at 3"
Ghost Ship was cut at 4.3"
Crab was cut at 2"

 I hope everyone has a safe  Halloween!
 
Cricut Info & Other Supplies:
Designed By:  Anita
Cricut Machine Used: Imagine
Cricut Cartridge Used: Buccaneer
Other supplies used: pop dots, black sharpie

24 comments:

  1. This is just wonderful! I love this cartridge and love seeing anything made with it.

    Wish I lived near you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wish I could see your street on Halloween...I bet it is awesome! The layout is perfect ! I love how you made the paper edges look like an old treasure map..perfect touch !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Totally Cool!! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow Anita, 1200! We go all out and we have 300 - 400 stop by. You must need traffic control! Love the layout. This cart would be the reason I'd get an I. Have a wonderful Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers Anita! That is an awesome layout! Halloween sounds like a blast in your neighborhood! Thank you for sharing this post with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow-- this is great! I love that it is a 2-pager! Your cul-de-sac sounds like it is inhabited with some fun families! I want to move in!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - this is awesome. Love the layout - would be fun for a pirate birthday party too. Great idea.

    I thought we had a lot of trick/treaters but 1200 wow.. That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! Sounds like a fun neighborhood... Hope that it turns out great again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very interesting... We have a "Buc Days" celebration in Corpus Christi each year. I might have to go just so I can make this cool layout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome layout! I love that cart! Don't use it as often as I'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout. Your neighborhood would be wonderful to see, what a fabulous treat for all the kids. TFS

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for the awesome feedback. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun layout -- love it!! And what a fun neighborhood too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Buccaneer is one of my favorite cartridges and I love how you used it for your layout (and BTW the party sounds like a hoot!!). I never thought of using Blackletter with it but it's the perfect font. Thanks for sharing your creative ideas with us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun thing for you and your neighbors to do! Your layout is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Arrrg, Anita! This is too darn cool! I love it. Scootingranny is right - Blackletter is the perfect font for your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not sure if I love your layout or your cul-de-sac more :D !!! Sure wish I could get some of my fuddy-duddy neighbors to do something fun! Thanks for sharing your layout...it really is great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great LO! Would love to see your pirates cove in real life...too fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this cartridge. Bring pictures to the tag swap in Nov, I'd love to see the cul-de-sac

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your layout and would love to live in your cul-de-sac. I bet it is awesome. What a great way to bring neighbors together.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my Anita, this LO is so striking! I love it! I would love to see your pirates cove as well!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your block sounds like a fun one to live on! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a kind word for our Cricut FANatic Designers to let them know you stopped by and appreciate their work.